Sixth Sense Training are delighted to be working with our client, a company based in East Kilbride. Our client is seeking a Photocopier Tech Modern Apprentice to assist them in their business.
What might a typical day in this job look like?
Our client is seeking an immaculately presented and well-spoken individual to fill an opening as a Photocopier Tech Modern Apprenticeship. Tasks Include:
- Preparation of photocopiers prior to delivery to the customer
- Delivery and installation of photocopiers on-site
- Refurbishment of photocopiers, in our workshop
- Maintaining and diagnosis of machine faults
- Escalating issues to an assigned senior technician / Manager when required.
- Various warehouse duties
- Incoming deliveries of stock
- Outgoing orders to customers on a daily basis
- Monitor and maintain adequate stock levels
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed and submitted in a timely and professional manner
- Good written and excellent verbal communication skills across all levels
- Ability to display tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations and people
- Full Colour Vision
- Basic computer literacy
- Good time management and organising skills
- Be physically fit – there is a degree of lifting and moving of stock, including loading/unloading from our warehouse and at customer sites
- Having an analytical approach and ability to problem solve is a definite advantage
- Some IT knowledge (using Outlook, Microsoft Office etc.) is also an essential skill and willingness to work flexibly and as part of a team
Preparation of photocopiers – 25% of time
Delivery and installation – 25% of time
Refurbishment activities – 25% of time
Warehouse duties – 25% of time
What skills will I learn?
Your training will start with a 6-12 months apprenticeship, which consists of learning on the job, as well as our custom built E-Learning platform. You will benefit from the expertise of your employer as well as from industry standard training that we provide. You will develop all the skills you need to pass your work-based assessments. Our assessors are available to provide one-to-one support and will work with your line manager to ensure you settle into your new role.
You will gain an SVQ, which is a Nationally recognised qualification and may be used to gain employment and further your career in Administration.
What qualifications or qualities are required?
- A willingness to work and an interest in IT hardware
- Monday – Friday
- 8.45am – 5.30pm
- Salary £3.70 per hour- apprenticeship minimum wage