Our client, a stationary supplier based in Airdrie is looking to expand their sales team. This junior position will allow the successful candidate to build a successful sales career in a supportive environment.
What might a typical day in this job look like?
Our client is seeking a sales orientated, immaculately presented and well-spoken individual to fill an opening for a business development job. This is a full-time role and your primary responsibilities will include:
- Calling potential businesses to arrange sales appointments
- Calling existing customers to enhance sales make them aware of new services and products
- Ensuring sales targets are met
Other duties you will be expected to perform:
- Answering telephones,
- Organising Returns
- Reading & distributing emails accordingly
- Speaking with customers
- Customer Service
- Raising Sales Orders/Quotes
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
What skills will I learn?
Your training will start with a 6-12 months apprenticeship from Sixth Sense Training, which consists of learning on the job, as well as their custom-built E-Learning platform. You will benefit from the expertise of your employer as well as from industry standard training that we provide. You will develop all the skills you need to pass your work-based assessments. Our assessors are available to provide one-to-one support and will work with your line manager to ensure you settle into your new role.
You will gain an SVQ in admin or related subject, which is a Nationally recognised qualification and may be used to gain employment and further your career.
What qualifications or qualities are required?
- Well Presented
- Well Spoken
- A penchant for sales
- Excellent Time-Keeping
- Communication is key- speaking with both customers & employees
- Someone who is confident on the phone and directly speaking to customers
- Able to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure as this is a fast paced environment
- Monday To Friday 9-5pm
- Wage: Meets NMW + Commision Scheme
- Ideal entry level job for school leavers
- Room for career progression
- Due to apprenticeship funding, we can only accept applicants from persons aged 16-19
***Please note all candidates must be 16-19 due to government apprenticeship funding and must be able to commute to Airdrie Chapelhall Industrial Estate every weekday. We welcome applicants from aged 16-29 if you are care experienced or a person with a disability***
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com