Website Sixth Sense Training
- Logging hardware support calls received via email and telephone into CRM
- Responding to and resolving hardware support calls in respect to SLA’s
- Follow set-out hardware process when processing faulty devices
- Keep Hardware Spreadsheet up to date at all times
- Monitor Glasgow hardware stock levels and ensure more stock is ordered as required
- Notify relevant people when portables and/or Speechmikes are down to 10 * Communicate well with both internal & external parties
- Plan your site visits to make efficient use of your time
- Log and maintain any ongoing site issues in Customer Issues Log
- Maintain relationships with customers
- Identify opportunities of how we can further help customers and share with wider team
- Support Sales Team by creating proposals for smaller items e.g. New Hardware
- Knowledge sharing with colleagues
Skills and competencies
- Experience with Office & Office365
- Understanding of basic desktop support
- An understanding of peripheral device connections e.g. USB
- Hold a valid UK Driving License
- Effective communication skills
- Technically minded
- Diligent in work
- Committed / take ownership
- Understanding of troubleshooting process
- Willingness to learn
The individual will report to the Service Desk Manager.
Staff will be expected to communicate heavily with:-
- Administration team who will manage the phone lines and pass calls through as well as deal with the receipt and distribution of devices
- Sales team when passing on sales requests that may need further input
- IT staff of customers
Customer Communication is key. The individual must make sure the customer is aware of progress of a case with regular updates.
Your training will start with a 6-12 months apprenticeship, which consists of learning on the job, as well as our custom built E-Learning platform. You will develop all the skills you need to pass your work-based assessments. Our assessors are available to provide one-to-one support and will work with your line manager to ensure you settle into your new role.
You will gain a Diploma in ICT, which is a Nationally recognised qualification and may
be used to gain employment and further your career in IT.
***Please note all candidates must be 16-19 due to government apprenticeship funding and must be able to commute to Paisley every weekday. We welcome applicants from aged 16-29 if you are care experienced or a person with a disability***
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.